Did you know that every time you access a website, application or server on the Internet, your information gets recorded? By just pinpointing your IP address, snoopers can identify your IPS and even determine your precise location.
Even worse, accessing the Internet places your computer at risk of being hacked or suffering a virus attack. According to the Telegraph, in fact, about 12 million people encounter a virus within any six-month period.
What does this tell you? It should tell you that you need to protect your computer or phone whenever you access the Internet, whether to check email, browse the Web, access your bank financials or anything else.
ibVPN has quite an interesting story. The team of security experts and gurus initially came together in 2003. At first they offered basic proxy servers. As the Internet continued to boom, the professionals at ibVPN became increasingly concerned with the erosion of online privacy. This led them to launch their official line of VPS services in 2010.
The company has since grown into a 15+ person business entity that not only manages dozens of high-quality servers throughout the world, but that also provides security services to hundreds of thousands of clients.
It can be said with full confidence that ibVPN offers more online security solutions than any other provider on the Internet. They literally cover ever aspect of the VPN industry. Take a look below to see what we mean:
Ranging from $2.42 to $10.95 a month, the Ultimate VPN package offers access to 180+ VPN servers in 75+ locations from 57 countries, including the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Finland, Australia, Egypt, Brazil, India, Latin America and more. It supports five simultaneous connections and is optimal for anybody who wants the utmost protection. There is simply no way you will be tracked down or hacked if you go with the Ultimate VPN package.
Great for regular usage, streaming, unblocking restricted websites, privacy protection. Includes access to VPN and Extensions. No SmartDNS. Has 140+ Servers In 44 Countries. Just like the other subscriptions, it supports Windows, MacOS, iOS & Android Apps.
This service retails for $3.08 to $4.95 per month and includes only 21 servers in 9 countries. It is a specialized service aimed strictly at P2P file sharers. It is very useful for downloading Bittorrents without placing your company or personal details at risk. We highly recommend it as a service for any and all file sharers. P2P & Torrent download is accepted on 21 servers located in 9 countries (Netherland, Canada, Luxembourg, Sweden, Russia, Hong Kong and Lithuania).
ibDNS is yet another specialized service. It lets you utilize your own Internet connection without a VPN. This means that you get to maintain your normal network speed. All it does is use a Domain Name Server trick to ‘trick’ websites into allowing you onto them. As an example, it it allows you to access Netflix (a traditionally US-only site) from anywhere in the world. Keep in mind that iPhone users must have an active US iTunes account to access Hulu Plus, an active US or Canadian iTunes account to access Netflix and an activate UK iTunes account to access BBC iPlayer.
There are numerous features offered by ibVPN that are not typically seen from VPN service providers.
- Versatile Connectivity: You can take advantage of the company’s VPN services using a variety of methods, including PPTP, SSTP, L2TP, OpenVPN, ipSec, Softether, and StealthVPN.
- Free Trial: ibVPN is the only VPN provider to offer a completely free trial. It now lasts for 24 hours, and it lets you take advantage of all its servers and services. We definitely recommend trying the trial before investing in a plan.
- Confidentiality: The company keeps zero records of any and all of your online activities. Furthermore, the company supports anonymous payments via the Bitcoin currency. We recommend using this if possible.
- Proxies/Servers: This particular provider operates over 2000 dynamic IPs spread across 80 servers around the world.
- Custom Software: While you can use any client you want to access ibVPN’s services, the company offers it own all-in-one solution. It’s a modified version of OpenVPN that contains a significantly more user-friendly interface.
- Preconfigured Routers: You may, if you desire, buy a preconfigured router directly from the company. These routers are compatible with all devices, including gaming consoles, PC/Macintosh desktops, 3G tablets, streaming boxes and even smart HDTVs.
- Money-Back Guarantee: Once you sign up for services, you may at any time within a 15-day period cancel your plan and get a full 100% refund.
It’s important to take a moment to compare ibVPN to some of its key competitors. The goal here is to realize the many benefits it seems to pose over them.
- Its servers operate off 33 countries. This is admittedly a little bit less than of some of its competitors, a few of whom operate off up to 50 countries. However, why on Earth would anybody need that many servers to begin with?
- It offers the most affordable rates. Service can be obtained for $2.42 a month, whereas competitors charge $10 to $20 per month.
- It is the one and only VPN provider to offer a totally free trial. The value of this cannot be overstated. It gives you a chance to first test the service to make sure it meets your precise needs.
- It offers audio/video streaming with zero speed loss courtesy of ibDNS. This is rarely found among competitors.
- It is also one of the only providers to offer full iOS/Android compatibility.
All in all, ibVPN appears to be better than all of its competitors. Its only downfall is its reliance on a fewer number of servers.
Above-Par Customer Service
We found ibVPN’s customer service to be above-bar. You can submit an email, chat with
a live operator or submit a ticket. Furthermore, the site contains vast quantities of information and data, including tutorials on PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN and SSTP. We didn’t need to take advantage of the care services during our test, but we’ve only heard positive things about it thus far.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can ibVPN be used anywhere in the world?
The VPN services and services can be accessed from anywhere around the world, so long as you using a network connection that supports VPN protocols.
- Is there a limit on bandwidth?
There is no limit on bandwidth. However, note that the speed of your VPN connection will depend on two different factors — the speed of your own connection, as well as the precise server you choose.
- What payment methods are accepted?
ibVPN happens to support nearly every payment method in existence, including credit cards, Avangate, Paypal, Payza, cashU, WebMoney, Western Union, AstroPay, Perfect Money and BitCoin. We recommend going the BitCoin route if you want extra security and confidentiality.
- Can the VPN services be used on mobile devices?
The VPN services outlined in this review can be utilized on both iOS and Android devices.
In summary, we found ibVPN to be an incredibly powerful and versatile VPN provider. It provides above-par services in every way imaginable:
- It caters to individuals, families and businesses.
- It hosts dozens of servers and hundreds of IP addresses.
- It offers a free trial.
- And it can be utilized from anywhere.
These and its many other features place it above and beyond all of its competitors. If privacy and security matter to you, then we recommend you consider investing in proxy, VPS or DNS services through ibVPN. The services did not disappoint us, and we are confident that they won’t disappoint you as well!